The effects and consequences of stress, especially in today’s world, can be devastating. It is estimated that over 70% of those employed suffer from stress related conditions including anxiety and insomnia. Untreated stress can cause major health problems such as ulcers, headaches and hypertension. At the very least it is tiring and can makes getting out of bed in the mornings even tougher than normal!
Fortunately, it appears that the major cause of stress is your perception or way of thinking, something that can be changed. As we know, how you think effects how you feel and also, how you will behave or act.
Emotions are merely the result of having certain thoughts or thinking in a particular way. I feel that the fundamental thinking process of stress is one in which you have a negative perception of yourself. Poor self esteem is a major component in creating stress. And it can be such a vicious cycle to haul yourself out of.
To get things started, the most important question you can ask yourself to increase your wellbeing is: how can I can go about reducing and even eliminating my experience of stress?
The only true and effective way to go about changing a your experience of stress is to change your thinking and in particular, the way a you think about yourself and your life. The experience of stress will be reduced if not eliminated when the you transform your self esteem.
It is the mission of Enhanced Healing to help you to begin to reduce stress through the use of relaxation music, positive affirmations and hypnotherapy with the goal to help a you improve self esteem.
Below are how three processes that can be used to effectively reduce your stress and reduce or eliminate the possible harmful consequences that can result. And they’re so easy to do.
1. Music. Listening to music, in particular relaxation music, can help you to reduce stress by directly relaxing your body and also begin to positively change your thinking and thought processes. When you listen to relaxation music your attention is slowly starting to be directed away from what you are thinking about to the experience of the music. As you let the music wash over you, your stress level will start to drop or lessen.
2. Positive Affirmations. Using positive affirmations will directly affect a your thoughts and beliefs. When you experience stress you tend to be having or thinking negative thoughts. Listening to positive affirmations starts to imprint positive thoughts into your mind, thoughts that will begin to negate or replace the negative ones. As you are listening to positive affirmations there will be a tendency to focus more on what you are listening to at the moment.
3. Guided Imagery. Using guided imagery directly effects that way you think about yourself, others and life in general. Guided imagery will first direct your thoughts towards relaxing and secondly towards altering or changing the structure or way you think about something like a specific event or yourself. As you follow the directions given in guided imagery you will start to think differently about whatever it is that you are focusing on.
When you decide to use relaxation music, positive affirmations and hypnotherapy to reduce your stress it is important to remember a few things:
• The positive and lasting effect of using relaxation music, positive affirmations and guided imagery comes only from their repeated use, daily use. It is important to find time during the day when you will be free and have no distractions.
• Also, when you are listening to the music ensure that you are sitting in a chair or lying down with your eyes closed. Lastly the ideal way to get the full effect is to use quality stereo headphones.
Are you ready to lower your stress level?
In the interest of being of service to those who suffer from stress and anxiety, to be of service to the world, I am going to make available, free of charge, a 30 minute recording of relaxation music.
All that I ask in return is that if you use the relaxation music please report how it makes you feel and the effect that it has on your life. And feel free to pass this recording onto others! You can contact me through my website at http://www.enhancedhealing.com. I’d love to hear from you.
Download my free MP3 download of relaxation music here and start relaxing today and every day: http://soundcloud.com/harry-henshaw
Dr. Harry Henshaw